sonar 7 crashing...drumagog sluggish

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pbc

sonar 7 crashing...drumagog sluggish

Post by pbc »

Hi all,
this is my first post (please be patient). I have searched around a little in the forum and can't find a solution to the following two issues.

1. drumagog seems to be sluggish when loading samples or maneuvering throughout the user interface. Is this to be expected or is it a problem? This problem is odd...it slows down my general work flow.

2. Sonar 7 (purchased, not stolen) will stop it's audio engine when trying to run four instances (or less even) of drumagog. I also got a 0000005 error. I can be more specific if I need to, I should be able to recreate the problem. How can I remedy this situation?

I am running a dual core XP rig with two UAD-1 cards.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
pbc
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

My first question is, are your two issues related? Meaning, is Drumagog always sluggish, or only when running multiple instances? If it's always sluggish, even with no other plugins (Drumagog or otherwise), then something is wrong with the installation, so let us know that and we can help troubleshoot.

The second behavior you are describing, SONAR's audio engine dropping out and c00000005 errors (the most common generic Windows error message), will often occur when your system is running low on available memory. Drumagog is a memory-intensive plugin, as every gog file you load is stored in RAM, and it will compete with any other plugins that also uses RAM (which is all of them). The size of the gog files you load directly relate to this as well, as some of the gog files out there are quite large.

Your SONAR latency settings will also affect your performance, so see if slightly increasing the buffer/latency will boost performance. If you are simply running low on system resources, you might just need to "freeze" the Drumagog tracks (I'd recommend turning off "fast bounce" if you do), as you can always unfreeze them if you want to tweak a setting.

Let us know if any of these ideas help out.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com