problem with dual monitors

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

LSProductions

problem with dual monitors

Post by LSProductions »

After days of trouble shooting, I've discovered that when I use dual monitors, I can only get 3 instances of Drumagog before problems occur. Basically, whenever I insert the 4th instance, the visuals of ALL plugs withing project are barely visable, if at all. This includes channel eq's as well. Everything is "ghosting" such that I can't see the plugs.

Now, when I disable the 2nd monitor, everything works fine. Moreover, when in single monitor mode, I can get as many instances as needed without issues. As an experiment I inserted 10 drumagogs on separate channels with no problems. No doubt this has something to do with the dual monitors.

I'm running Cubase 4(current version), with an ADK pro audio pc (custom built). The video card is a NVIDIA geforce 8400. I tried updating to the newest drivers, but that created major problems. For whatever reason upon rebooting, my pc kept locking up. So, eventually I had to uninstall(in safe mode), then re install the original drivers, which work perfectly(except for the aforementioned problem).

While trying out different dual set ups, I first tried dual 19's, and I don't recall having this problem. It's when I went to two 22's that this started.

I realize I could simply render each gog track and then take out the drumagog insert, but that is huge pain, as well as very time consuming.

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is?

Marc
LSProductions

Post by LSProductions »

As an adjunct to my last post. I just tried to render some drumagog channels, while in dual monitor mode, and discovered that the result was, well,.. nothing... literally nothing exports at all!

I switch back to single monitor mode, and the render/export works perfectly.

Geez, what a pain!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Just an update to this post. After exchanging some emails, the solution was to increase the users video RAM.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.