Drumagog isn't showing up in Sonar 6 menu

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

maxmann

Drumagog isn't showing up in Sonar 6 menu

Post by maxmann »

I'm running Sonar 6 Producer edition. I purchased and installed Drumagog a few months ago on my last project and haven't used Sonar since. Now when I bring up Sonar , Drumagog is not showing up anywhere in my audio bin menus. I can't remember if it's supposed to show up under Audio Fx or Soft Synths, but I don't see it under either of them.

If I open up Sonar Plugin Manager, I can see "VST Drumagog" and "VST Drumagog(Fixed Latency)" under Directshow Audio Filters, so Sonar knows about it.

Any ideas on how I can get it to show up in my menu?
Thanks
ASUS A8N5X Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core, 2 GB RAM
Western Digital Raptor (SATA)
Presonus Firepod
Alesis M1 Active Mk2
Sonar 6 Producer Edition
http://www.myspace.com/telescopicmusic
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Drumagog v4 is VST, and if it is in "Directshow Audio Filters" (DirectX) in Sonar, this is one reason why it is not appearing. As a VST, not Directx, Drumagog should be in the "VST Audio Effects" menu.

The Drumagog VST files (drumagog.dll and drumagogFL.dll) could in a different location. By default, Sonar looks in the following location - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\vstplugins. If there is a Steinberg program on your computer, Drumagog may install the VST files in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTplugins. They could also be in C:\ProgramFiles\VSTplugins.

You can either 1) move the .dll files to the location where the rest of your VSTs live or 2) add the other location (i.e. Steinberg) using the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager (under VST configuration, press "options"). If you do the second suggestion, you may also want to select "re-scan existing plug-ins".

When Drumagog appears in the "VST Audio Effects" area of Sonar/Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, Drumagog should appear in the AudioFX>VST menu.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.