need help unlocking in Logic 8.02

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

sec34gtr

need help unlocking in Logic 8.02

Post by sec34gtr »

Hello everyone,

I have just downloaded and installed the new 4.1.1 update but I am having trouble unlocking it from demo mode. Every time I type the 1 character, it jumps from the unlock prompt and switches my screensets. I can't get past it.

I figured this out previously, but I can't seem to get it today and I know it is something very simple....

I am on a MacBook Pro, so I am using the number keys across the top as I have no ten-key. Please help. Thank you!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

It seems Logic's key commands interfere with entering the unlock code, this typically occurs with "1" or "8" (Recall Screenset command).

There two ways to work around this, one is easier than the other in my opinion:

1. Modify the key command in Logic. This is done by going to Preferences>Key Commands. Find the associated key command and temporarily assign it to a letter. Go back to Drumagog, and enter the unlock code. After the unlock process is complete, go back to the Key Command window are reassign the key command back to the original number by either 1)"initialize key commands" in the options menu or 2) reassigning by using "learn new assignment".

2. Unlock Drumagog using a different audio application. Drumagog is AU, RTAS, and VST compatible, so programs like GarageBand (or any other audio program) can host and unlock Drumagog. If you do not have one of these installed, there are free temporary demos also available.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
sec34gtr

Post by sec34gtr »

Ah, perfect. I just unlocked it in garageband with no problems. Thank you.