Trying DG midi out to drumcore in protools and not working

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

COOTER

Trying DG midi out to drumcore in protools and not working

Post by COOTER »

I am trying to use drumagog to send a midi signal out from DG to drumcore in pro tools LE 7.3. I downloaded and installed the midiox from the DG manual as instructed for the midi patchcord and have assigned the signal to a midi channel. I am using Windows XP. I see a midi note assignment and I am assigning the normal midi note that I am using on a keyboard to trigger the drumcore note. I can manually trigger the drumcore note and hear it so I know it is working from that respect. Anyone doing this or have any ideas of what I can try? And I am sure someone is going to ask, I don't have as good as samples yet for DG as I have in drumcore and the session I am mixing didn't record any midi trigger drum information so that is the reason I am using DG to trigger my samples in drumcore. Thanks!
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Just a follow-up after we talked the other day, and after reading your post here, you should make sure you're using MIDI Yoke and not MIDI OX, as MIDI Yoke is the "virtual patch cord", while MIDI OX is a different application (combination MIDI filter, viewer, SYSEX editor, etc) by the same programmer. If you do have MIDI OX, it won't allow you to route the signal the way you'll need to.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com