problem with 7.4 and vista

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

mercenarydigital

problem with 7.4 and vista

Post by mercenarydigital »

I have been having major problems with drumagog and vista/pt le 7.4. I can't open sessions that have drumagog on them. when I uninstall drumagog they open and run fine.

I did the install workaround found on this site. and drumagog is working fine while the session is open but when I close it and try to reopen it it causes pt to shut down.

anyone having this issue?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

Were the sessions created on the Vista/PTLE 7.4 platform or were they transferred from another computer/platform?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
mercenarydigital

It happens with sessions created with pt 7.1 le on a xp system and also with the sessions created with pt 7.4 le on a vista system. I just got a prompt to update my quicktime. I don't know if that would cause it but I'm going to install the newest quicktime and then re-install drumagog and see what happens.

thanks for any suggestions you might have
mercenarydigital

updated the quicktime and It still does the same thing. if I disable drumagog before I close the session it will reopen. but if I shut down with it still active, it causes pt to stop working when I try to open the session.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

The QuickTime update should not be causing this error.

When you try to open these sessions, does the session stop during the opening scan?

This error typically occurs when switching processors. Here is a thread about this issue: http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=449

Were these sessions created on a different machine(s)? The operating system differences typically do not cause this error, but then again XP and Vista are very different.

Basically, you are trying to open sessions created with both PTLE7.1/XP and PTLE7.4/Vista on the Vista Machine.

Do you have still have access to the XP machine? One suggestion (not the most fun suggestion) is to recreate the Drumagog instance. Open the XP sessions, notate the settings, and recreate on the Vista machine with new Drumagog instances.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
mercenarydigital

basically I got a new pc and it came with vista ultimate. so I upgraded to pt 7.4 so it would be compatable. the drumagog problems happen whether the drumagog plugin was added in either the xp or the vista pc.(on the xp pc no prob) for now I've been switching back and forth between pc's.

I got the new one for more mixing power and now I'm having to still mix with the old one because of the drumagog issue.
mercenarydigital

Yeah it's on the initial scan that causes the problem.
I,E. I open protools,everything is fine,
then I open a session without drumagog,everything is fine.
put drumagog on say a kick track,everything works fine.
save session. close it.
try to reopen then on the scan it says pro-tools has stopped working for unknown reasons-windows is trying to gather information to help solve the problem.
Platinum Samples

Post by Platinum Samples »

Try disabling UAC in Vista - Google "Disable UAC".

Rail
Engineered Drums for BFD
www.platinumsamples.com
mercenarydigital

thanks, it seems to be working now! I just have to adjust for the different latency with the mixes done on the old machine but I can live with that.

thanks for the help and a great product!
mercenarydigital

well It was fine on the one song last night and now it's doing it again. same problem