Drumagog 4 to Drumagog 5.1

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Albert

Drumagog 4 to Drumagog 5.1

Post by Albert »

Has anyone experienced this behavior?:
I have had Drumagog Pro 4 version installed for years on my DAW machine. I recently installed Drumagog 5.1 and now my old edit decision lists with Drumagog 4 plugged open with a "Drumagog corrupted settings" dialog, and I have no way of determining what sample I used for those instances.

I can clear Drumagog 4 from the channel, reinstate it, and it works fine from then on, but I have to choose a sample, and it most likely won't be the one I used previously. After reinstating the plugin the samples are all listed in the plugin directory as before, and re-opening the .edl will be fine with Drumagog working as before I installed Drumagog 5.1. I hope I'm being clear.  

Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Albert
Corey W
Expert

Re: Drumagog 4 to Drumagog 5.1

Post by Corey W »

Hi Albert,
Are you running on a Mac or PC, what version OS?
What DAW and version are you running?

Just to be clear, Drumagog 4 and 5 are completely different plugins and need to be setup in your sessions independently. Settings from version 4 will not transfer to version 5 and vice versa.
Albert

Post by Albert »

Hi Corey,
Thanks for replying.
I'm using a PC with XP Pro Service Pack 2 32 bit (it never "sees" the internet) running SAWStudio (latest version) as my DAW.

Please understand that I'm not trying to transfer sessions from Drumagog 4 to 5 (or vice versa); rather I just want the old session where I was using Drumagog 4 to simply open as if I'd never installed Drumagog 5. But that's not happening... when I load a decision list (song) that has Drumagog 4 plugged in, I get a dialog saying the Drumagog instantiation is corrupted and needs to be re-instantiated. Doing so works perfectly, except that I don't have a way to determine the sample I was using in D4; since the plug won't load due to corruption I can't see what file was being used. Both Drumagog 4 and Drumagog 5.1 work perfectly, so long as I use either one after the Drumagog 5.1 install.

This may be beyond the purview of this forum since it could be specific to SAWStudio, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks again for any insight you may have on this.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Thanks for the information.
If Drumagog 4 is saying it's corrupted, when you reinstall it make sure you are
1) Temporarily moving your Gog Files (if they are located in the Program Files x86/Drumagog folder;
2) Deleting the Drumagog folder
3) Deleting the drumagog.dll and drumagogFL.dll VST files

Then, download and reinstall Drumagog 4.11 from your account at drumagog.com

As long as your Gog Files folder is placed in the EXACT same file path as it originally was located when you loaded in the Gog files, the Gogs should re-link and show up again in your Drumagog 4 instances.
Albert

Post by Albert »

Actually, it's not the Drumagog 4 PROGRAM that is corrupted; it's just the instantiation of the plugin in edit decision lists that I saved prior to installing Drumagog 5. I can plug Drumagogo 4 into any track on any song SINCE installing D5, and it will hold... I'm having a problem only with older saved edit decision lists, prior to installing D5. But maybe reinstalling D4 will do the trick. I'll take your advice and give that a try.
Thanks again.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Albert,
Let me know what happens with the reinstall. For further help you can email me directly: support [at] drumagog [dot] com

-Corey
Albert

Post by Albert »

Will do. It will be a few days though... this is a very busy time for me.

Thanks for your assistance!!
Albert

Post by Albert »

Okay... I got it figured out. Apparently the .dll file for the original Drumagog (Fixed latency) install got deleted. Odd, but copying the Drumagog .dll and adding the words "Fixed Latency" got be back in business. Thanks for your replies.