Automating Mutes/Groups

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dtrider

Automating Mutes/Groups

Post by dtrider »

Is there are way to mute gog groups during a certain passage of a song with automation? I would like to keep the loudest group out for instance but let the random sampling still happen. Awesome piece of software!

Thanks
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Which audio application are you using?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
dtrider

Post by dtrider »

pro tools le 7.4
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

In ProTools, you can see which Drumagog features can be automated by selecting the "auto" button at the top of the grey plug-in window.

You cannot automate gog dyanamic/sample groups in the fashion explained in your original post. The 37 features listed here have the ability to be automated in ProTools.

I suggest isolating the certain passage on an additional track. Insert a new instance of Drumagog with the random sampling function (minus the "loudest group").

Perhaps in the original, automated track you can mute the entire track when the isolated, additional track plays?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
dtrider

Post by dtrider »

thanks teri, are there more automation/other options with other daw software? Great product by the way. Thanks!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

These features can be automated in any audio application, but with version and host software changes, there is a possibility for issues.

In your case, the automated mute you are looking for should be controlled within the audio application. Building an automation feature like this into Drumagog is an idea, and I will pass it onto Rim.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.