No support for Drumagog in BFD2

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Dubnick

No support for Drumagog in BFD2

Post by Dubnick »

Just found this out on the fxpansion site:

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... 815464c447

"There is no active Drumagog support in BFD2 at the current time. Rim & I have been discussing a new scheme to transmit notes betwen the two plugins that may appear in the future; the previous scheme is vunerable to timing errors in hosts with multiple audio rendering threads, which is more and more becoming the norm, as thy want to take advantage of multi-core processors."

My question would be two-fold:

How far along is this new scheme? How will this effect the pricing scheme that was put into play to account for the Drumagog BFD feature only a few months back?
millstudios

bfd 2

Post by millstudios »

and yet in an earlier reply ....
Rim wrote:Drumagog Platinum will continue to work with all future versions of BFD, including the upcoming BFD 2.0

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Bit of a let down ! although I'm sure it will be sorted soon(ish) as Rim is very good with customer loyalty and support (as are the FXpansion crew)
Here's hoping

oh and apologies for posting this elsewhere I'm a 'quote' noob ....
Dubnick

Post by Dubnick »

Huh - thanks for posting that - I didn't know that it had been stated that Drumagog BFD would work with BFD 2.0 - that is wierd. Fxpansion seem to be clear that it won't be supported and that a new version of the Drumagog BFD is in discussion, but that it is ultimately up to Rim to come up with a new way for it work and that it may not be supported for a while:

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

"You might be waiting a very long time for toontrack (drumtracker) to get their product out of the door.

Maybe just as long as waiting for us to get drumagog support working in BFD2.

Maybe we'll take a LOT less time ! Who knows your counting on vapourwares here." - Gareth from FXpansion.

He wrote this in response to my observing that leaving out support for Drumagog BFD with BFD 2.0 might leave an opening in the marketplace for Toontrack's forthcoming standalone audio-to-midi converter Drumtracker. So which is it, will Drumagog BFD work with BFD 2.0 or not? Rim?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi everyone,

There will most definitely be Drumagog support for BFD 2.0. It's something I'm working on right now. While there are indeed some issues with the current Drumagog / BFD implementation (BFD v. 1.5), it does work great for the majority of users. This same level of functionality wil be incorporated into BFD2 soon. A new way of doing things is also in the works, and we'll be announcing that soon as well.

Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Great news! Looking forward.

"Drumagog / BFD implementation (BFD v. 1.5), it does work great for the majority of users."

I've NEVER had a problem! 8)