My Samples Not Working...?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

notsocoolguy

My Samples Not Working...?

Post by notsocoolguy »

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with drumagog as you can probably tell...My Problem is... I open up drumagog in my kick track, load in the demo files, works great yay! But when I try to open up my own personal WAV samples, all it plays is little short bursts of white noise. So, it's triggering correctly, but the sample is just white noise.

It does this for any sample I'm using. I'm trying to take the ones from FL and use them... But nothing....

I'm using REAPER software, and just throwing it into the effects chain on the kick track with nothing else before or after...

When I load other peoples GOG files, it works fine! Just when I try putting my own samples into it...

Any Ideas guys?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

I suggest opening the WAV files in another media player (i.e. WMP, iTunes). Determine if the files are corrupt or if the noise is related to Drumagog.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Last edited by Teri on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubnick

This happened to me with my own self-made gogs...

Post by Dubnick »

If you reload the samples it will be back to normal for a while, but might still revert to the white noise thing. Rim actually called me about this problem when he was originally trying to fix it, and I was impressed by his effort, but sad to see it might still be around. Since doing an update a while back that he thought would fix it, it's been a lot less frequent for me, but it has happened at least once since then. Bummer.
Dubnick

Post by Dubnick »

I am posting this here since it applies. I still get the dreaded "white noise" issue at random points when using any of the self made gogs I make from my pre-cut samples and sometimes have to reload all the samples in the Gog before I can use it. Weird thing is (as if there hasn't been enough weird issues for me with drumagog stuff so far), is that I've noticed to different white noise issues. The worst issue is when all the samples are rendered into useless white noise generators until they are replaced/refreshed and I've noticed in those cases, the Peak displays are all 0 instead of they're actual peak. The other variation on the White Noise issue is when only certain files seem to get corrupted and, while they initially play, they are followed by White Noise, and in this case, the Peak display is uneffected. The original samples are totally fine and only seem to get corrupted within the gog (I guess it's technically the gog that gets corrupted). I got the later version of the white noise issue after converting all the samples into .WAV format from AIFF in hopes of avoiding the former white noise issue. Rim is aware this has been an issue and has attempted to fix it before, but I guess hasn't been to successful, sadly.