side stick / rim shot / etc

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

JohnK

side stick / rim shot / etc

Post by JohnK »

Maybe I'm imagining this but I swear I got Drumagog to recognize when the drummer is player side stick vs. center snare and trigger the appropriate sample. Now I can't seem to make it work. Is there a trick?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

This technique is created with positional and dynamic groups in the Samples tab.

For example, you have one GOG for this snare containing 6 samples. Create one group for the side stick with 3 samples and one for the center snare, also with 3 samples. In groups, assign the appropriate dynamic for the side stick to tigger, then assign the dynamic for the center snare to trigger. Then assign a position to the 3 "side stick" samples (i.e. #1) and a position to the 3 "center snare" samples (#2). The samples page divides positional groups that can be selected by clicking the position arrows under the sample box.

Drumagog triggers the appropriate sample group when it detects a drum hit closest in amplitude to the level in a designated dynamic group.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Or...

Cut the snare track into two separate tracks - one that has the regular snare hits and a second for the sidestick - and insert a Drumagog into each one with the appropriate sound.

I'd think this method would be easier to set up & manipulate. It's the one I use.

OTHERWISE... unless there is a way to send Control Change to Drumagog to move the 'dial' that selects the different snare sounds within Drumagog? Maybe this is coming?