Triggering issues in Drumagog (with MIDI)

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

metl4evr

Triggering issues in Drumagog (with MIDI)

Post by metl4evr »

Hey Rim! And everyone else!

So recently, I went thru a small computer tragedy and was forced to reinstall my entire system. Everything went FINE, except for Drumagog. I naturally updated to the latest version. However I am having an issue:

Drumagog seems to be tracking only SOME of the MIDI notes. Like it will hit a few, skip a few, hit one, skip 3 more, and all at incorrect velocities as well. I checked the MIDI tracks, and all is well with those.

Any notion what this could be??

For that particular project, I am using Cubase SX1.06 (the one I'm having issues with). I have not until now experienced so much as one problem with Drumagog in this capacity.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I have the same problem if...

I run a MIDI track from the same sequencer.

I use Cubase 5 (old version). If I have a MIDI track sending MIDI to Drumagog, I get a performance similar to what you are experiencing - skips, inconsistencies.

I have no solution.

But, if I run the MIDI track from a sequencer on a different computer routed to Drumagog (on the first computer running Cubase), I have no problems.

I utilize the second method as I occasionally add a few notes/hits to the original audio. I have a second instance of Drumagog running and set up the same as the primary instance. It's the snare that I usually do this with.
metl4evr

Post by metl4evr »

Krikey!

Well this points to one thing: the latest Drumagog version is not compatible with these older Cubase versions. Which means clearly that I'm going to have to roll back to 4.8 or somethin in order to finish these projects.

Argh.

Are these older versions available through the site?

Or, the other possiblity is the issue is resolved in newer versions :) heehee

Peter
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

"Well this points to one thing: the latest Drumagog version is not compatible with these older Cubase versions."

Hmm... it seems like I've always had this problem. I got into Drumagog at version 2.

As I said, if I REALLY need to play Drumagog from a MIDI track, I have the MIDI coming in from an external sequencer. I'll then record the audio and if necessary, move this recorded audio around to fix any delay issues - it can be tedious. I really try to avoid doing this. :x