Trouble triggering and phase problems.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

AndreasRW

Trouble triggering and phase problems.

Post by AndreasRW »

Hi there!

I'm having some trouble triggering flams with drumagog 5. I've tried most things, including adjusting the transient slider, automating the transient slider, automating the sensitivity level, but nothing works. So what I've been doing till now is bouncing one snare hit, and moving the hit into place. Is there another way?
Also, I've been bouncing tracks (kicks, snare, toms) with drumagog in Pro Tools to save cpu, BUT I get phase problems with the original audio.
And I'm not talking about the regular "use the phase button to avoid that problem" phasing. Every beat is a bit different, so I have to move every hit by comparing the drumagog(ed) kick (+snare, toms) to the the original audio. I like to use both versions (both original and drumagoged track) to get a more dynamic and natural sounding kit and I'm okey doing that for one or two songs. But when it comes to mixing albums, it's a pain in the a**. Any suggestions?

All the best,
Andreas
AndreasRW

Re: Trouble triggering and phase problems.

Post by AndreasRW »

No one? I could really use some help with this. Next mix project is a 5 track EP (by a rock band), and it would be really nice to not spend 5 hours per song just moving individual hits after bouncing.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Trouble triggering and phase problems.

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Sorry you're having trouble--the phase issues are coming from Auto-Align. This checks to see whether the replacement might be more in-phase if the polarity is flipped, but sometimes it can cause problems. I would suggest turning this off, and see if your overall issues improve.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs