Logic Latency Problem.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

tlkshowhst

Logic Latency Problem.

Post by tlkshowhst »

Hi,

I did a search, but didn't find anything that would help me. I've been trying to use Drumagog 4.10 in Logic Pro 7.3.2 with a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 and 3.5GB RAM.

There is way too much latency in both the normal mode and the fixed latency version. I like to blend-in other kicks with Drumagog, but I usually hear some flamming or out-of-phase triggering.

Is there any way around this?

BFD mode also creates I large amount of latency.

Thanks for your help.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

First, make sure your Plug-In Delay Compensation is set to "Instruments and Tracks" or "All" (this is located in your Logic preferences, under Audio, General).

If you're still getting some latency, it's most likely due to auto align not correctly detecting the peaks. This happens if your original hits are very different from the replacement audio. I suggest trying some of the other auto align settings (located in the advanced page), or turning off auto align (it's a checkbox on the main page).

BFD Mode causes 80ms of latency for some configurations (Logic and Digital Performer especially). We're working on resolving this, but the easy workaround is to nudge the track by that amount.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.