Drumagog Demo

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

audiophile777

Drumagog Demo

Post by audiophile777 »

I cant get the demo to work with my PT LE 7.1

I been trying to figure out the demo because I heard this program was awesome...

I use it as an insert of the track that I want to gog, if you will... and all I get is the sample sounding like it has TONS and TONS of reverb on it no matter how I tweak the knobs and settings...

And that is when I can get any sound out of it at all.

I'm using a 002. Pentium 4- 3 ghz, 2 gig ram... Windows XP...

I'd really like this program to do for me what it's been doing for people I know...

Someone help?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

This doesn't sound right. It's best to start from scratch, in case the wrong controls were set, etc. Also, make sure you use the "Drumagog" plugin, not the "Fixed Latency" plugin in your Pro Tools LE system. "Fixed Latency" is only designed for Pro Tools HD, Logic, DP, Cubase, etc. (you may not even see this other version, so don't worry about it if it's not there) Here's what I recommend:

1. Find a kick drum or snare drum track that you want to put Drumagog on.
2. Insert Drumagog on that track
3. Open the Drumagog window
4. Click the "Visual" button at the bottom.
5. Move the "sensitivity" line up or down, until you hear Drumagog triggering on your drum hits. This should be approx. at the middle of the waveform
6. Press the Analog button
7. Pick a sound to use.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
audiophile777

Post by audiophile777 »

I forgot about posting on this forum... my studio has been down for a couple weeks...

I see the fixed latency one and i've tried both... they both react the same way...

when I stop the audio... drumagog keeps triggering audio, even though nothing is playing...

on top of that, I still cant get it to trigger the kicks right... I've gated and isolated and it just doesnt do it...

anything else that I might be missing??
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

If you start with an audio track, a snare track for example, insert Drumagog. Next, select a snare sound from the instrument list. If you click on the snare drum picture/movie you'll audition the sound.

If you are getting sound unexpected sound, as you've described above, it's probably not the fault of Drumagog.

Some sounds have a position (rim, center, et.) that you can select with one of the knobs.

This is all on the first page. A lot of Drumagog's default values should get things working right away.

Once you start playback and your audio is running, with Drumagog, you may experience the first hit not sounding. You'll need to have sufficient pre-roll.

As far as getting the audio to trigger, Drumagog pretty much works right away with reasonably well recorded audio level.

If the level of your audio is below the threshold, as viewed in Drumagog, either increase the input of Drumagog or lower the threshold value.

I've used Drumagog for years and it is the best out there.