weak low end

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Victor Borda

weak low end

Post by Victor Borda »

I've been using Drumagog since 3.0. Since around the upgrade to v4.0 it has stopped producing any decent low end, as if the samples are cut off at 500 Hz, which makes the samples just sound small and tinny. It just seems weird that it used to work fine and now sounds like it does.

I'm using Sonar 5.2 on Windows XP with RME interfaces.

Thanks,
Victor
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I've never experienced such a thing.

Are you adding a Drumagog sample (i.e., gog, wav, aif) to an original kick sound and the two sounds together are causing a cancellation? This I have experienced. Either invert the sample or zoom into the two tracks and shift/nudge the sample track to match the waveform of the original.

If this problem is from using just a sample... I don't think that Drumagog can cause or create any sort of sound change (i.e., EQ change). I could be wrong, though.
Victor Borda

will re-install

Post by Victor Borda »

Weird huh? I even get it with the track solo'd, so it does not appear to be a phase cancellation issue. I'm going to do a complete re-install of 4.10 and see if it cures the problem.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I agree, Drumagog doesn't process or alter the drum samples. It sounds to me like a phase cancellation issue. This will happen if the blend control is not at 100% and there's a problem with the alignment.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.