MIDI out in Logic gone.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

horselesspaul

MIDI out in Logic gone.

Post by horselesspaul »

I am using 4.08 and I now have no MIDI out from internal in Logic Pro 7.2.3 in Tiger. Used to work before, have I messed up somewhere?

Paul.
horselesspaul

Post by horselesspaul »

For what it's worth the MIDI Pipe solution for PT also works with Logic 7.2.3 and Live 6.0.1.
Did I miss a meeting?
basses played while you wait
Apple Certified Logic Pro Trainer
ngermick

Post by ngermick »

I am using Logic 7.2.3 and I followed the directions for MIDI pipe and PT7. However, how in Logic does one set MIDI pipe as an input? Drumagog lists MIDI pipe as an output, but I have had no luck in figuring out how to route the MIDI back into Logic. Eventually I gave up and simply sent it to a physical output and patched a midi cable into the midi thru on my synth.
marfbeatz

Post by marfbeatz »

i´m in the same boat as well. purchased drumagog yesterday and can´t get the midi out in Logic 7.2 to work. any support from moderators here?

thanks
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

This has been discussed before, but I'll sum it up again. Getting midi out of Drumagog in Logic can be tricky, but not impossible. It's very important not to miss a step:

1. Close Logic first
2. Open Midi pipe and leave it open - never close midi pipe
3. Drag a Midi Input and Output from the left pane in Midi pipe to the right pane
4. Double click on the midi input text on the right pane, and choose Midi Pipe Input 1 from the list
5. Do the same for the output. Uncheck Passthru
6. Leave Midi pipe open
7. Open Logic
8. On a Midi track, choose Midi Pipe Input 1 from the list for your midi input (or All if you like, it doesn't matter)
9. In Drumagog, go to the advanced page, and turn on Midi Output Enable
10. Choose Midi Pipe Input 1 as your midi port in Drumagog midi port selector.

Highlight the midi track in Logic and press the record button on the transport. You'll see midi notes being generated each time Drumagog triggers.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.