Drumagog 5 basic tracking POORLY

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Hoondog

Drumagog 5 basic tracking POORLY

Post by Hoondog »

Ive been using drumagog 5 for about 6 months now and i have to say im extreemely dissapointed. This thing does not track hits half as well as version 4 as far as i can tell. Does anyone have any insight to why this may be? Right now i am re replacing a fast kick part, which i had previously replaced with version 4 perfectly, and version 5 is barely picking up half. For awhile i thought it may be me, or my miking technique, but by directly a/b ing the two versions in this way i know its not me. Would upgrading my version help? Needless to say im skeptical to sink more money into this program... Any insights appreciated, thanks.
Jack
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5 basic tracking POORLY

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We are sorry you are experiencing trouble with Drumagog's triggering. This can be caused by several issues with the recorded audio. First, we can assure you that Drumagog 5's triggering and alignment are greatly improved from Drumagog 4. If there is any difference in the triggering, then it is related to the settings you likely are using.

Try to adjust the Transient Detail slider to make Drumagog more or less sensitive to triggering hits from the incoming audio.

What exact operating system and audio program are you using? What other settings are you using in Drumagog?

Is there any bleed coming from other mics into the audio track that is being triggered? How fast is the track's BPM?

What size is the project other plugins are being used in the project? You can also send us a small section of the problem track (WAV or MP3 format) that exhibits the problem you are having to support@drumagog.com, and we'd be happy to take a look at it and see what needs to be done to fix the issue.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
Hoondog

Post by Hoondog »

Hey Jack, I really appreciate the quick response! I am currently runnin Nuendeo 4 on a hot PC with window XP. The kick i was replacing was a very articulate kick doing 16th notes at 175. I tried replacing the orginal drum, which had almost no bleed. I also tried rereplacing the kick that I had previously done on the track in Gog 4 without issue, this kick had a crisp attack, no bleed, little decay, very clean hits. I tried the transient slider pretty much everywhere. On futher review I did notice that on the peak/threshold view in the lower left hand corner of drumagog there were those white dots on top of what seemed to be all the peaks, which i guess means drumagog was seeing them ok??? But i still wasnt hearing all the hits, does this help narrow the problem? I thought maybe there was a vague chance my pc wasnt keeping up so i changed the buffer size, to no avail. Seriously thanks again for the help!
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Why don't you email us the audio file that you are triggering to support@drumagog.com. We'd love to take a look at it and see why Drumagog 5 is giving you trouble. It also would be easier for us to see what the issue is having the track on our system here.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
Hoondog

Post by Hoondog »

Sent!
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

To those following:

Drumagog 5 Basic tracked fine. It appears the issue was a bad install of an older update. The user installed the latest Drumagog 5.11 update for Basic, and found the issue to be resolved.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
christianw

Post by christianw »

Hi Drumagog staff

I have the exact same problem as Jack, i cant remember how it was in drumagog 4,

what do you meen with
Jack wrote:
It appears the issue was a bad install of an older update.
I haved installed drumagog 5.11 and it cannot trigger a quick snare break in 180bpm in Logic, it triggers every 5-10 times (my steven slate trigger demo triggers it EVERYTIME )

every time i open and already loaded instance of drumagog, it has turnedoff Dynamic and random multisamples, why??
i have write about that issue before under chriswulff username

Another thing,

i could not login with my user name, okay, i thougt i forgot my user name, and was asking to have sent it to my email, it says that the email was not registret...
I make a new registration with my email, and then it says it is already in use.

Okay, totally new username and email?!?!

Best regards
Christian
Copenhagen
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Try adjusting the transient detail and resolution--this could help trigger the missed hits. Also, reinstalling can usually help. For your account issues, feel free to email us--support@drumagog.com--and we'll get it sorted out.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs