Ducking question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Andrew07

Ducking question

Post by Andrew07 »

I have a mono crash track and a mono snare track. I'm trying to duck the snare out of the crash track, but I think I'm missing something. In drumagog the crash track is set to receive Group 1 and the snare is sending on Group 1. When set up like this, no audio is played through the crash track, but bypassed, I can hear audio. Im working in Cubase SX 3.1
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

Are you seeing the ducking light flashing on and off with every hit on the crash Drumagog? Make sure your Ducking settings are set properly on the crash track as well. They are located at the bottom of Drumagog's advanced page.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

Hey Rim, no the Ducking light isn't flashing. What other settings need to be adjusted? I tried the ducking and dynamics knob, but still no audio.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

What version of Drumagog are you using? There was a problem with ducking in a very early version, which was fixed. You can check your Drumagog version number by clicking on the "about Drumagog" button at the bottom of the advanced page.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

4.08b. This is also occuring in PT LE 7.1
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

I'm sure there is something very simple I'm missing...
I have a mono kick track and a mono crash track. These are the steps I'm doing.

1. On each track's insert I place a copy of Drumagog
2. I go to Drumagog on the kick track, go to the samples page and load up my kick samples. I then go to it's advanced and click 'Send'. It is sending on Group 1
3. I go to Drumagog on the crash track and select 'Receive' on Group 1.

Now nothing is played on the crash track, but the kick plays fine
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

Sorry to be a pain, but am I doing something incorrectly?
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

Just downloaded the 4.09 update but the ducking feature still isn't working for me in Cubase SX 3.1.1 or Pro Tools LE 7.1. Am I missing something in the procedure I mentioned above? Sorry to be such a pain...
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

bump
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

ANdew,

I'm not sure what it could be. I've tried every host I can think of here, and auto ducking works great on all of them.

It sounds like something unique to your setup. Is there audio on the ducking track (the cymbal track)? On some hosts, if there's no audio preset, it won't enable the plugin on that channel.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.