Creating Gogs out of wave files

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

guest4254

Creating Gogs out of wave files

Post by guest4254 »

For whatever reason, Steven Slate Drums 2.0 Cymbals only come as wave files. Therefore I'd like to make Gogs out of waves, but I keep getting "File Write Error" when I try to Save the Gog file.
Don't know why gogs weren't included the same way kick snare and toms were.

Anyway, why am I getting this error? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong....

Harry
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

You will receive that error when you try and save a file in a read-only location. Check the permission/file properties of the folder you are trying to save in, as it sounds like it's set to read-only. I believe the Steven Slate folders are set to read-only by default, so in order to save a Gog file in those folders you will first need to add write access to the folder(s).
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
guest4254

Post by guest4254 »

Just spoke with support at Steven Slate...looks like I'm due for a free upgrade...so that should take care of it...
guest4254

Post by guest4254 »

Hey Matt,

Just an FYI, I did try to uncheck the "read only" box, and apply. For whatever reason, if I reopen the box and check properties again, the "read only" box is checked off again...no matter what I tried...even tried putting some of the individual cymbals waves into a separate new folder, and I couldn't permanently uncheck the "read only" box...and I did click on "apply" every time...
Hopefully the upgrade will be here soon, and I'll have one less thing to concern myself with...
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

It sounds like either the user account you are logged into doesn't have permission to edit those folders, or those folders are inheriting their properties (in this case read only) from a higher-level folder/partition.

In the first instance, log in as a user with permission to modify those folders. In the case of the second, go up the folder hierarchy until you find the where the read only flag starts and change that one first.

The specifics on this will vary depending on the OS, so if you want more specifics let us know what OS you are running.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com