Resetting samples everytime I open a project.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

CptTripps

Resetting samples everytime I open a project.

Post by CptTripps »

I use adobe audition and have since 1.5, I am now on 3.

My problem is this, Drumagog remembers all my settings for each track except... which sample to use, it always defaults to the first folder and first gog (demo astar kick). So when I open a project I hear a wall of kick drums unless I go through and re-specify which gog to use per channel. Not a horrible problem, just an extra couple minutes of prep before working on a project that I could do without.

I believe this popped up when I switched to Vista. I modified permissions in regards to installing on Vista as instructed, but it seems I may have missed something if it will not remember my selections.

Any help would be appreciated.
guest4254

Post by guest4254 »

I would LOVE to see this fixed. This is especially a problem for songs that I haven't touched in many months, and when I'm ready to go back and revisit them, all the gogs are on the default page...problem is I can't recall what they were set at, way back when...
Of course, now I'll start writing down my settings, but this is also a time waster...when you have precious little time to work on music, the last thing you want to do is backtrack and waste a few hours trying to get the sound back, writing down each drum, and which sample was used...

A fix of this would be most welcomed!

H
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

This issue was resolved with the v4.11 update. Are you still experiencing this issue with the update installed?

What version of Drumagog do you have installed on your machine? You can determine which version is installed by going to the Advanced Tab and selecting the "About Drumagog" blue/purple oval.

The update works in such as fashion that the setting/preset must be saved using Drumagog v4.10 or v4.11. Any other presets made with a prior version of Drumagog may not open.

Visit the download page and login under the "Retail Download & Updates" heading with your registration name, email, and phone number to access the update.

If you continue having trouble, please let us know.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
guest4254

Post by guest4254 »

Although I downloaded version 4.11 a week ago, I noticed that I'm still on version 4.10...
In any event, it's still doing it...I probably should've been clearer in mentioning that it happens when I "freeze" the track, and then "unfreeze" the track...then it goes back to the default.

Also wondering why the upgrade didn't take!

H
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

I've just tried Drumagog 4.11a in Audition 3, and was able to freeze and unfreeze the track without losing Drumagog's settings (as well as save and re-open the project without loss). It sounds like you may still have 4.10, so I'd recommend re-downloading the 4.11a update (you may have a corrupted download) and re-applying it. If it still says 4.10 after running the updater, you may have a problem file in your installation that isn't updating correctly. If so, downloading the full retail version of Drumagog usually fixes problematic updates.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
guest4254

Post by guest4254 »

yep, the .dll file was going in the wrong Adobe folder...I manually moved it to the correct on, and am now running 4.11...
tested it out on an audition session...froze and unfroze the track...works like a charm now!

Thanks all!

Will I still have to re-set all the drum tracks that were frozen using earlier versions, if I unfreeze them?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Will I still have to re-set all the drum tracks that were frozen using earlier versions, if I unfreeze them?
As long as these tracks were frozen with v4.10, you should be fine. If they were frozen with an older version, you may want to consider re-setting these tracks using v4.10 or v4.11.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.