Rim, please look - noisy samples?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

stewdiodog

Rim, please look - noisy samples?

Post by stewdiodog »

i have been using Drumagog successfully for about six months now and havent had any major problems. however, in mixing a song this morning, i came upon a something that have not yet experienced. i duplicated a track and applied Drumagog as an insert. i selected the EQMapleFF6 gog and soloed the track to see if the snare sound was what i was after. immediatley following the snare sample, there is a loud hissing; like someone turning over a rainstick. i tried some other gogs and am getting the same result. anyone else having this problem? any solutions? thanks
-Tim
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Tim,

This is very unusual. No one has reported this before. What sample rate is your session? Also, are you on Mac or PC? What's your host and version? It's possible that the gog files you downloaded got somehow corrupted.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
stewdiodog

Post by stewdiodog »

thanks for the reply. i am running a Pentium 4 3.4Ghz PC, 2 G of RAM, with Cubase SX3 through an RME Fireface. i always run my sessions at 24/44.1. never had a problem before yesterday. i will open some other sessions and see if the problem is not existant in those as well. any ideas?
thanks.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Is it possible that you have "dynamic tracking" turned off on the main page? This causes Drumagog to use the first sample (which is sometimes the quietest one, causing more white noise).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Do you have the 'SYNTH' section on with noise selected?
stewdiodog

Post by stewdiodog »

i have tried dynamic tracking both on and off with no change. no, the synth is not on; although it make some interesting sounds and is fun to play with. :)
i am stumped. none of my settings have changed from previous mix sessions and the problem with the gog samples just materialized one day. very odd............any other ideas?
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi there...
I`ve got the same problem in my last mixing-session... and I can´t find a better solution than putting a de-hisser plugin on the track after drumagog...
Are tere any solutions?
I work with PC (Pentium 4, 2,5GHz, 1GB Ram,...), Samplitude V8.21 Pro, Motu 1224 Audio Interface...

greets Andy
Andy

Post by Andy »

oh... I forgot... my session runs at 48kHz and 32Bit float
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Andy,

This sounds like a different issue. The issue being described in this thread is a full-volume white noise bust. If you're getting hiss, it's probably because your "use dynamic multisamples" checkbox is turned off on the main page. This forces Drumagog to always use the first sample in a gog file, which is sometimes the quietest. Check this first.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Rim,

I´ve checked out what you said but my settings were right. "use dynamic multisamples" checkbox was turned on. Then I´ve tried some other gog-files. I found out that this problem appears not at all files... I´ve had this problem at for example at "ringy snare"... maybe there is a bug?
I´m using Drumagog Pro V4.04

greets Andy
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Andy,

Please upgrade to 4.06 and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Rim,

I upgraded to 4.06 today... but the hiss is still there...
any other ideas? solutions?

thanks,
Andy
Andy

Re: Rim, please look - noisy samples?

Post by Andy »

by the way... this problem still exists...
Even with the Steven Slate drumsamples...

I´m using Drumagog 4 pro but thinking about upgrading to 5 Platinum hoping there is not the same problem?

Andy