Latency issue in advanced mode

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

damobigg

Latency issue in advanced mode

Post by damobigg »

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could assist me with the latency issue I am having in Advanced mode, I use Steve Slate samples and when ever I go to process the samples down to the track some of the samples go a little stray through out the track.
I move the track forward to match my snare track but there is still inconsistancy through out the track, this does not happen in simple or live mode just in advanced mode which I really would like to use...
I find the consistency is a little better when I leave the snare on bass drum/general use setting but it is still off throughout.
I am using cubase sx3 and drumagog v4.
Pls Help I have had this issue for some time now
Thanks
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

If you are experiencing latency issues using the Advanced Mode, there are a few things causing this to occur. Cubase SX3 has Auto Delay Compensation, so try using Drumagog Fixed Latency, and make sure that ADC is enabled in Cubase.

How much RAM does your computer have? Since Drumagog functions in real-time, and uses approximately 20-50 MB of RAM per instance, it is important to keep in mind your computer's specifications. If you have a computer with 1 GB of RAM, and you are rendering/processing/bouncing tracks in real-time, you may have remove other processing applications/plug-ins in order for the computer to perform to your preference. Users with powerful machines (3+ GB RAM) can typically use 4-5 instances at one time.

If you have a powerful computer, and the ADC/Fixed Latency combination is not working for you, then try using the Regular version and tweaking the settings. The triggering engines in the Advanced Tab, including the sliding fader, are one place to start.

Don't be mislead that the "advanced mode" is best for all situations. If your computer has less RAM, and your drums tracks are tame, the simple mode can work effectively for both your session and computer.

I hope this helps.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.