Problem with snare when triggering in Advanced mode

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

damobigg

Problem with snare when triggering in Advanced mode

Post by damobigg »

Hello,

When I try to replace a snare with Steve Slate samples or any samples in Advanced mode there is a latency and early issue on the same track. So I try and line the drumagog snare up to my original snare mic or original snare trigger track but the drumagog snares that I have just triggered are all in a different time, some are late and some are ahead, so when the first couple line up alright it brings the other hits on that track a lot forward.

I thought the whole track would be at a equal latency which would be easy to fix. Why are some hits early and some late?

Thanks Damo
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Damo,

Which audio application are you using? Also, can you mention the specific Slate samples you are experiencing this with?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
damobigg

Post by damobigg »

Thanks for the reply,

I am using cubase sx3 with a rme hammerfall soundcard.
It pretty much happens with any sample I use , just at the time I was using the slate samples, one thing though it seems to be fine with kicks just not with snares, like I mentioned on the snare track some hits are early and some are late which makes it nearly impossible to line the new snare track up to its original. The correct amount of hits are on the track though.

Thanks Damo
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Have you tried working with AutoAlign? AutoAlign is enabled/disabled on the Main Tab, then there are additional settings in the Advanced Tab (Actual Peak/PsychoAcoustical and Optimize for Snare/Bass). Experiment with the settings and see if they work for you.

Which version of Drumagog do you own? Perhaps try upgrading to v4.10 if you haven't done already. The alignment is constantly being improved with every update.

If I am not mistaken, Cubase has Auto Delay Compensation, so make sure you are using Drumagog Fixed Latency (and enable ADC in Cubase if necessary). This will assist in keeping latency constant.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
damobigg

Post by damobigg »

Thanks again for the reply,

I looked into that and I think I have solved the problem, I find the latency is consistant and fixable when I leave the setting on bass drums/general instead of putting in on the snare drum setting.
When I had it on the snare drum setting the snares were very inconsistant and impossible to line up, on the bass drum setting it is all even.

Thanks Again Damo