Location of Gog Files

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

sonorelli

Location of Gog Files

Post by sonorelli »

I would like to relocate my Gog files to a different hard drive. What is the procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Jack
Expert

Re: Location of Gog Files

Post by Jack »

Hello,

First, you can move the GOG files folder on your system wherever you want. Second, inside Drumagog 4, open the Advanced Tab. Next to the GOG folder setting, click on the Change button at the bottom. A file browser window opens up, and you will navigate to the new location where the GOG files are, open that folder, and click OK. That will designate the new location. They should now appear again in the drop-down list.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
sonorelli

Post by sonorelli »

Ok, perfect. Thanks! I wish that feature was described in the manual.
wdjudd

Post by wdjudd »

Jack wrote: First, you can move the GOG files folder on your system wherever you want. Second, inside Drumagog 4, open the Advanced Tab. Next to the GOG folder setting, click on the Change button at the bottom. A file browser window opens up, and you will navigate to the new location where the GOG files are, open that folder, and click OK. That will designate the new location. They should now appear again in the drop-down list.
Hi Jack:

New to this forum . . .

I have both Drumagog 4 Platinum and 5 Platinum installed. There are GOG file folders in 3 different places on my startup drive:
Macintosh HD/GOG Files
Macintosh HD/Applications/Drumagog/GOG Files
Macintosh HD/Applications/Drumagog 5/GOG Files

Can I consolidate all of these GOG files into one folder on my startup drive (Macintosh HD/GOG Files) and then select this folder from both 4 & 5 (any major version issues)? And run 4 & 5 at the same time in ProTools? And with the same GOG files selected?
ProTools LE 9.0.2, 002R, Sibelius 6.2

OSX 10.6.6; Mac Pro: 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon; 10 GB Mem; Intrnl SATA: 4 x Seagate Barracuda 1.0 TB; External FW 4 x Barracuda 1.0 TB

2 x UA 2-610, Focusrite ISA 428, Mackie: Onyx 800R/MCU/2 Extn Modules
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Yes, this is all possible. If you consolidate your files into the GOG Files folder they can all be accessed by Drumagog 4 and 5. Drumagog 4 and 5 are completely separate plugins and can work without affecting one another on the same system. Since Drumagog 5 has the built-in File Browser, you can move samples anywhere on your system and access them without having to set a default folder (although you can if you want, in the SETTINGS window).

In Drumagog 4, just be sure to set this new folder at the default GOG folder in the Advanced section. Also, in Drumagog 4 you will need to make sure that the GOG files are in the correct folder path. This means that inside the your GOG files folder, there needs to be categories of GOG files, and then the GOG files themselves need to be directly inside of them. Any additional folders in the path will not allow you to load the GOGs.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com