Only plays selected MIDI tracks.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

piratekING99

Only plays selected MIDI tracks.

Post by piratekING99 »

Hello! I've searched through this forum for an answer. I even searched the whole web for it but It was nowhere to be found.

I have quite the irritating problem.

Im using drumagog on a recorded snare drum track and trigging the snare in Addictive drums. For this I have a midi track called simply "snaredrum". It works great but It only works when I have the midi track selected, otherwise it will not trig addictive drums. So I click the midi track to highlight it and it works. I select any other track and I get not sound from addictive. I am using Cubase 5 for this.

Please assist!

Thanks

/pirateKING
Matt W
Expert

Re: Only plays selected MIDI tracks.

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

It sounds like Drumagog is only actively sending MIDI when the track is selected, which usually indicates needing to change your monitor settings in Cubase. I believe there is a speaker-style button on the audio track that contains Drumagog, so try changing that setting to get Drumagog always outputting.

If this is a MIDI track that is triggering Addictive (as in you've already bounced Drumagog's to a new MIDI track), then Drumagog is out of the loop anyway and not related to the issue, and again it sounds like a possible MIDI monitoring issue.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com