Problems with dynamics

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jujumies

Problems with dynamics

Post by jujumies »

Ok... so I have a bassdrum that I'm triggering but I have a problem in getting the level even. I have disabled dynamic tracking, I have only one sample (soloed), but still I get quite big differences in level. Drummer plays 1/8 notes and every second note is always much much softer and what's even more strange its sounds really different even though only one sample is soloed and in use. I want to get every single hit consistent in level and sound.

How to overcome this?

Simo
Matt W
Expert

Re: Problems with dynamics

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

While I'm not sure yet what the exact problem is, I don't believe it's a strictly volume-related problem. If you have only one sample and Dynamic Tracking off, then Drumagog will only play that exact sample for every hit, at the sample's original volume. It sounds like something else is interfering or changing the output.

Things to check:
1. Make sure the Synth is turned off, as using it can cause all sorts of variations between hits (due to Envelope settings, etc).
2. Is the Mix set to 100% Drumagog, or are you blending the two sounds together? If blending then it just may be latency or alignment settings causing certain hits to be out of phase.
3. Check it with other samples. If you use one of the stock GOG files, do you notice this problem? If you don't then it may be an issue with your sample itself.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com