BFD2 Issues with Drumagog (PT8)

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

echothom

BFD2 Issues with Drumagog (PT8)

Post by echothom »

I've followed the instructions below but when I choose <BFD> from the sample collection pull-down menu it reads <BFD Not loaded>.

(Pro Tools 8.0.1, BFD2, Drumagog Platinum, OS 10.5.8, Dual 2GHz G5.)

1. Insert All the Drumagogs you plan on using in your project first (for example, kick and snare). Make sure BFD is NOT already inserted.
2. Insert BFD as a VSTi (or instrument if you're not using Nuendo).
3. Open BFD, and load a kit.
4. On each of your Drumagogs, choose "<BFD>" from the sample collection pull-down (this is where you normally select the sample folder you'll be using in Drumagog, for example "Snare Drums", "Demo Collection", etc.). The <BFD> selection is at the bottom of the list, after "External Audio File".
5. All your BFD kit pieces should show up in Drumagog's sample list below. Pick a sample.
6. You'll hear the audio coming from BFD, not Drumagog.
Matt W
Expert

Re: BFD2 Issues with Drumagog (PT8)

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

The usual cause of this error is Drumagog not being installed into the default folder. BFD and Drumagog 4 need to access each others files, and BFD is hard coded to only look for Drumagog in the default location (System drive-Applications-Drumagog). If this is the case then you just need to re-run the Drumagog installer and choose the default install location.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
echothom

Post by echothom »

Drumagog is in the default location. Same issue. I tried re-installing....that didn't help either.

??
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Then the other cause is usually an unsupported version of either Drumagog or BFD. Make sure you have the absolute latest Drumagog update (4.11b for Mac). For BFD, there have been several versions where Drumagog support was broken or missing, so make sure you have the current release, BFD 2.1.0.47.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com