transproting drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dunnery

transproting drumagog

Post by dunnery »

I have drumagog and my friend has drumagog. we record at my studio and mix at his studio. i have set up all my drumagog settings in logic and I now need to transport the files and settings on a drive so i can open up the same songs in logic at his studio. when we saved the song the drumagog files did not get saved with the song.
Q. how do I save the settings for drumagog so all the samples get copied as well?

Q. what is the most practical way to transport drumagog files ... so i can open up the file on another computer and all my settings are the same?
Matt W
Expert

Re: transproting drumagog

Post by Matt W »

The Drumagog settings are saved along with the project itself, so they should move along from one system to another. The usual problem, though, is with the samples: make sure that the loaded Gog file is available in the same relative location in the second computer's "Gog Files" folder, i.e. the file has the same name and is in the same folder. If the file/folder are named differently Drumagog may not be able to find/load the sample.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
kraznet

Post by kraznet »

I'm having this problem as well. I started working with a project with 8 songs and the Drumagog files were on an external hard drive F. Now I want to continue working on this project on a laptop. Because it's a Mac book Air I have limited USB ports. Therefore I want to install the Drumagog samples on the system drive. I have experimented with this already and normally in a situation like this one would get a prompt as to where the sample path is. But this doesn't seem to happen with Drumagog. So you end up with Drumagog loaded but with no samples loaded because I get no prompt for the sample path. Even if I do set the sample path manually reopening the project doesn't load the previously loaded samples. Is there any way around this other than expanding my USB ports with a USB hub? Which I would prefer not to do.

Regards
Kraznet
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 | Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K 3.4GHz | 16gig Ram | Windows 7 x64 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gig OS Drive | 2 x Samsung F3 1TB | 2 x ATI 5450 1gb | Samplitude/Sequoia 11.2 + Beta's|

My Samplitude Tutorials : http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

It should not matter if it's on an external or internal drive. The sample path required to keep the settings is the relative path to the default GOG folder. Make sure the GOG folder that you've designated is the same as in the Advanced Page on the original project. Basically, have the exact same folder on your new system's drive that was on the external drive before.

If you do end up needing to reselect the sample, it should save all of the settings after selecting the sample. But you will have to save the project in order for it to open up with the saved settings the next time.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
kraznet

Post by kraznet »

Hello Jack ,
I've tried doing what you suggested. I copied an exact replica of my Drumagog samples folder from my F drive to my C drive. I even put the folder inside the Drumagog program folder. I also copied my project folder onto the C drive. Then I opened a song from the project project having disconnected my F drive but the path default was set to the root of my C drive. I then reset the folder destination in the Settings for all the Drumagog instances and saved the project and reopened it but none of the folder paths were remembered. As a result no samples were loaded.

So I reconnected my F drive opened up an original F project from the F drive all the Drumagog instances loaded with no problems as expected. Interestingly enough when I checked the settings the Gog folder path was set to Computer and not even designated a drive. Although I'm sure I had done that originally. Regardless of this the correct files opened up. I'm a bit confused as to what is going on really. I'm feeling really stupid again and I consider fairly adept at dealing with things like this. I think will make a video showing exactly what I am doing to there absolutley no confusion and then you can maybe confirm if I'm stupid or not :)

Regards
Kraznet
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 | Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K 3.4GHz | 16gig Ram | Windows 7 x64 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gig OS Drive | 2 x Samsung F3 1TB | 2 x ATI 5450 1gb | Samplitude/Sequoia 11.2 + Beta's|

My Samplitude Tutorials : http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We just tested this out ourselves with Drumagog 4 in Logic, and were successfully able to do this.

After you disconnect your external F drive, you need to open the project and go to the Advanced section and (only once, on a single instance) and switch the default folder to the internal drive's GOG folder, that's the same path as it was on the external. Without even saving the project, you should be able to close out and reopen it with the drop-down list of samples reappearing in Drumagog. If you don't see your samples automatically appear in the drop-down list exactly like they were when they were on your external, then this will not work.

If you still have trouble you can always resave the project after reselecting the samples individually, but if you do the first part correctly then you shouldn't have to do this.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com