Post by MF23 »

Will Drumagog 5 work with cubase 7?

Thx
Chris M
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5 and Cubase 7

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We haven't gotten a copy of Cubase 7 yet, but as there were no changes to the VST spec that we know of, there shouldn't be any issues running Drumagog in Cubase 7.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

It works just fine.
One word of caution though from experience - make a separate VST Plugins folder for 32-bit Drum Machines, and copy the DLL files into this & point D5 at that if you have the Platinum version.

At all costs, avoid using a 64-bit plugin inside the 32-bit D5 in a 64-bit host as it gets ugly.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
willluongo

Post by willluongo »

I am currently having an issue where Drumagog 5 crashes my Cubase 7 projects on OSX 10.8.2. I don't have this problem with Cubase 6.5 and Drumagog 5, or Drumagog 4 and Cubase 7. Additionally, the plugin doesn't show up at all (and therefore doesn't cause crashes) when I start Cubase 7 in 64-bit mode. I've tried safe mode in Cubase 7, I've also tried moving the preferences folders, but neither had any effect.

Any suggestions or troubleshooting ideas?
willluongo

Post by willluongo »

I updated to Cubase 7.0.1 and that seems to have resolved my issue.
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

Drumagog 64 bit does not appear to work on Cubase 7.5 on windows 64 bit systems.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

FinnArild wrote:Drumagog 64 bit does not appear to work on Cubase 7.5 on windows 64 bit systems.
Did you use default install location?
If you did, uninstall it & reinstall - this time, change install location to the 64-bit plugin path as the installer defaults to the 32-bit path even in the 64-bit installer.
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

I have tried removing drumagog completely from the system before re-installing, so that is not the problem. The problem is with the 64 bit plugin, it has bad memory management and may crash at any time. I wouldn't trust it. I currently uses the 32 bit version with jBridge.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

FinnArild wrote:I have tried removing drumagog completely from the system before re-installing, so that is not the problem. The problem is with the 64 bit plugin, it has bad memory management and may crash at any time. I wouldn't trust it. I currently uses the 32 bit version with jBridge.
Interesting - it runs just fine for me so far, although I have not hammered it too hard as yet.
Can you possibly give some specifics I can try & repro?
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

Try running it with some memory-intensive sampler applications like Halion 5 or EW Play (or both). I have 16 gig in my DAW now, but the error showed up when I had 8 gig too - still, it might run fine under 4 gig only, I don´t know. What I DO know is that it is seriously flawed to the point that it will actually, terminally crash your cubase - no save option, no nothing - and from wavemachine all we get is the sound of crickets ...

I´ll probably end up using Cubase native trigging to superior drummer in the end anyway, but it really annoys me when I have paid money for something that is just useless.