Minimum amount of time between hits for D5 to react?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Wiz

Minimum amount of time between hits for D5 to react?

Post by Wiz »

I was wondering what the minimum amount of time D5 has to have, in between hits, to be able to function.

Eg, flams.

I have a track, that I can see in the drumagog window, that there are two hits (a flam) and its a good clean signal, both hits above the threshold, and it will not trigger the flam.
I went into logic, and started moving the second hit, 1ms at a time with nudge, and eventually drum agog picked it up, without changing any settings in D5. This would indicate, that the hits
are too close together for D5 to see them. Resolution is set to AUTO.

cheers

Wiz
Matt W
Expert

Re: Minimum amount of time between hits for D5 to react?

Post by Matt W »

The minimum amount of time Drumagog needs will depend on a few factors. The first thing to always do when dealing with two very close hits is to adjust the Transient Detail slider over to the right, which will increase Drumagog's sensitivity and might allow it to pick up your two close hits.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Wiz

Post by Wiz »

Matt W wrote:The minimum amount of time Drumagog needs will depend on a few factors. The first thing to always do when dealing with two very close hits is to adjust the Transient Detail slider over to the right, which will increase Drumagog's sensitivity and might allow it to pick up your two close hits.
thank you for the Reply Matt.

I indeed had the detail slider all the way to the right (Auto)

I found that if I went to the original track, and cut the second tom hit, made it is own region. Then I nudge it later a little at a time, it started to pick up the hit.

Thanks again

Wiz
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Another thing that can happen with any flam is when the sustain (ring) of the first hit partially covers up the transient/hit of the second hit. The Trigger Filter section can be used to either boost the higher frequency content around the hit, or to cut the lower frequency content that might be covering the second hit.

Also, in Drumagog Pro and higher there is another mode called Live Mode, which while being less accurate in terms of dynamics tracking, will sometimes perform better on extremely fast hits.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com