Possible Memory Leak

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Evergroove Studio

Possible Memory Leak

Post by Evergroove Studio »

Just upgraded to version 5 and had a small problem.

I open up a session in PT 8.0.1 and loaded 5 instances of Drumagog doing some light augmentation on snare, kick, and toms. Pretty soon after loading the 5th instance PT crashed with an out of memory error. First time I've ever seen that. So, I launched Task Manager so I could watch the memory usage meter and then reopened the session and sure enough the meter crept up pretty steady until PT crashed again.

I went back to version 4 and the problem disappeared.

Is it possible this is a problem with certain Gog files? Do Gogs created with version 4 need to be "updated" for version 5?

I'm on Windows XP on 4 core Dell 690 and 3GB RAM. I have an HD3 running Pro Tools is 8.0.1 (cs3 I think). My Gog files are on a dedicated drive.

Thanks!
Brad Smalling
Evergroove Studio
http://www.evergroove.com
brad AT evergroove (dot) com
Brad Smalling
Evergroove Studio
A solar powered Colorado recording studio
Mountain Size Records
An independent Colorado based record label
gnogtr

Re: Possible Memory Leak

Post by gnogtr »

I had a similar problem in Logic yesterday. I was a beta tester and I had no problems with this. I loaded 5 instances with no problems, but when I loaded a 6th on the hi-hat (didn't crash on load) and chose the gog I wanted to use, it crashed while loading the gog.
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

i have D5 Pro running on a machien with Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit on a quad core processor with 4GB of ram - all samples are on a dedicated Firewire drive and i too am having some trouble with this thing eating up memory and then crashing things out.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Natflieger

Post by Natflieger »

Memory leak confirmed. It will soon be fixed, I hope..
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hey guys,

There are some memory bugs that will be fixed in the next update. It seems to happen the most with very large gogs, like the ones with room samples.

Thanks,
Rim
mb66

Post by mb66 »

Don't know if it's related but I'm getting chronic running out of cpu errors with PT8.04 on W7x64. No similar problems with beta 3 or when going back to D4 on thje same track(s). This is an i7 cpu, btw.
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

out of curiosity, when do you think the next update may be posted for a download? for whatever reason, i cannot swap back to D4 on my PC (win7 x64 ) just wont seem to run but 5 runs but comes to a screeching halt quite quickly.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Just piping in here. You can definitely run Drumagog 4 under Windows 7 x64. If you're having trouble, be sure to email us at support@drumagog.com and we can get you help.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

i have emailed the ugysd at support and tey gave me directions and i followed them to a T and for the life of me i get no audio out of D4 - won't let me choose samples or nothign -the window comes up but i get nothing i tried it 4 times.

i am bummed because i was psyched to get D5 and get cracking on some mixes i wanted to do using it and now i am stuck - any sort of timeframe on an update?
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Based on your description, does it say "Evaluation Expired - Click to Unlock" at the bottom? You may need a new unlock code:

To obtain a new unlock code and activate your copy of Drumagog 4, please follow these directions:

1. Open Drumagog within your audio program.
2. Click on the bottom of Drumagog where it says "click to unlock".
3. This will give you the CPUID. Enter this number into the form on the
support page at http://d4.drumagog.com/support.asp.
4. The form will email you an unlock code automatically.
5. Enter this unlock code back into Drumagog.
6. Close Drumagog; close audio application.
7. Open audio application; open Drumagog; "click to unlock" message
disappears.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com