Next update - when please?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

neilwilkes
Expert

Next update - when please?

Post by neilwilkes »

Just curious to learn when we will get the next update, as right now in Cubase & Nuendo it is impossible for me to run any more than a single instance, and that will often lock up & crash the project ion reloading as well.
It is really causing me trouble here - I am now constantly getting the dreaded nag screen "Sorry, a serious error has occurred" and that Cubendo needs to close, and once this has happened the project seems hopelessly corrupted and I do not know how to recover it without resorting to a backup prior to D5 being used short of saving under a new name once I bite the bullet & initialize a D5 instance.

Please help! I am not a big fan of trigger, but am left with few alternatives.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
Corey W
Expert

Re: Next update - when please?

Post by Corey W »

Hello,
There will most likely not be any updates released for Drumagog 5 unless there is a critical error keeping users from having a functional working version of Drumagog 5.

Can you make a new session in either Cubase or Nuendo, create a few audio tracks, and see if you can insert multiple instances of Drumagog 5 that will play back correctly?

Let me know if that test works.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

I'll give it a go, Corey.
It's not been stable for me for a while now
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

You can not expect to see any further updates to Drumagog 5. Drumagog 5 still runs efficiently in our tests.
What you are experiencing is purely a resource based, CPU power issue. Drumagog 5 consumes a lot of CPU power to do what it does. Try freezing tracks that contain plugins while using Drumagog 5. Once you finish a track that contains Drumagog 5, freeze the track or process it so you can remove the plugin and free up CPU space. You can also run your session at a higher buffer rate to decrease CPU usage while mixing.
metl4evr

Post by metl4evr »

Just to chime in here, I've seen this multiple times myself. I'm running Win 10 (although this happened on Win 7 too) and this occured on several projects, while NOT occuring in others, it's a very elusive problem. It's HIGHLY annoying though as it renders the program totally unstable throughout! You're forced to restart the program, but many times THAT won't even work - you need to restart your whole damn computer which totally messes up your workflow.

As a workaround, I've been forced to initialize a new Cubase project, import the tracks from the aforementioned projects, and PRAY TO GOD that it initializes Drumagog without crashing, and then do the rendering. I'd say 50% of the time it will do this successfully when this problem occurs, and the rest of the time, well, I'm forced to not use Drumagog.

The crash logs are not very helpful at all as you can imagine. But if you think it will help, the next time this occurs, I'll do the crash log and send it to you Corey? Because it ABSOLUTELY will occur again, it always does. I've noticed that Drumagog is about 70% unreliable in Cubase, particularly in high-CPU demanding projects. I'm running the latest version Pro 8.5. But this has occured since the 7 update. And I would LOVE to help to resolve this problem.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

metl4evr wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:03 pm Just to chime in here, I've seen this multiple times myself. I'm running Win 10 (although this happened on Win 7 too) and this occured on several projects, while NOT occuring in others, it's a very elusive problem. It's HIGHLY annoying though as it renders the program totally unstable throughout! You're forced to restart the program, but many times THAT won't even work - you need to restart your whole damn computer which totally messes up your workflow.

As a workaround, I've been forced to initialize a new Cubase project, import the tracks from the aforementioned projects, and PRAY TO GOD that it initializes Drumagog without crashing, and then do the rendering. I'd say 50% of the time it will do this successfully when this problem occurs, and the rest of the time, well, I'm forced to not use Drumagog.

The crash logs are not very helpful at all as you can imagine. But if you think it will help, the next time this occurs, I'll do the crash log and send it to you Corey? Because it ABSOLUTELY will occur again, it always does. I've noticed that Drumagog is about 70% unreliable in Cubase, particularly in high-CPU demanding projects. I'm running the latest version Pro 8.5. But this has occured since the 7 update. And I would LOVE to help to resolve this problem.
Well said Sir!
I agree 100% with everything you have written, and am also finding D5 is unstable in normal use.

@Corey, this is not a CPU issue - I am running an Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8/16 core CPU at 3.1Ghz/Core with 32Gb RAM so resources are not an issue.
Buffer sizes are usually at 1024 for 96k and 512 for 48k - are these too low?

One instance of D5 is sort of stable but as soon as I add a second instance it is highly likely I will get the dreaded "A Serious error has occurred"
That said, I will - right now - start a new project at 24-48 in stereo and try to use multiple instances and when the inevitable crash happens I will send the logs - if they get created, which a lot of the time does not happen.
Do you think it might help to completely uninstall D5 and start over?
When D5 was working it was awesome and makes Slate Trigger look a bit fisher price kiddy car by comparison but the trouble for me is that it is simply unstable and like the post above I am more than happy to try & work this out with you guys as I would like nothi9ng more than to have this tool stable again.