Drumagog won't work in Logic X

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

leckrich95

Drumagog won't work in Logic X

Post by leckrich95 »

The Components:
1. Drumagog 5
2. Logic X
As the subject line indicates, I'm not able to make this plugin work in my DAW. I'll list what I've done to try and remedy the situation.
1. Restart Logic X.
2. Restart my computer.
3. Restart both Logic and computer.
4. Re-download the newest version of drumagog.
5. Made sure that the component files were in the correct place in my computer.
6. Made sure that the plugin files were in the correct place in my computer.
I've seriously tried everything. And then, when I open the plugin manager, a prompt opens up that tells me that the plugins cannot be opened and I don't know why. I've attached two screenshots that show what I'm seeing when I open up the plugin manager and try to check the boxes needed to use the plugins. I'll post this same exact post elsewhere to find a good response.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.58.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.58.14 AM.png (187.43 KiB) Viewed 9901 times
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.58.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.58.32 AM.png (378.09 KiB) Viewed 9901 times
Corey W
Expert

Re: Drumagog won't work in Logic X

Post by Corey W »

Follow the instructions below and let me know if it makes a difference. If you need further help please email me directly- support[at]Drumagog[dot]com.

Uninstall Drumagog 5
First, if you store your Gog Files sample library inside the Drumagog 5 application folder, temporarily move the whole Gog Files directory into a safe location.

Then delete these files/folders:
-Macintosh HD > Applications > Drumagog 5 folder (again - move your Gog Files out first so you don't have to download them again!)

-Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components > Drumagog5.component

-Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST > Drumagog5.vst

Reinstall Drumagog 5
Then download and run the Mac Version 5.21b 64/32-bit (10/05/2016) installer from your account at drumagog.com. Restart your computer.

Authorize Drumagog 5
Based on the license I see in your iLok account attached to your MacBook Pro, you should have no further authorization to perform

Logic Pro X
Open Logic Pro X and navigate to the top of the screen- 'Logic Pro X'> Preferences> Plug-in Manager> Find and click on 'WaveMachine Labs' in the column on the left under 'Manufacturer'. In the main screen of the plug-in manager you will now see 'Drumagog 5', click to highlight and check the 'Use' button on the right. Then, click 'Reset and Rescan Selection' on the bottom of the window. Drumagog 5 should now be ready to use.

-Corey