Pushing the limits ! ? ! ?

An informational and support forum for Voice Band for the iPhone.

Moderator: Corey W

mfreakz

Pushing the limits ! ? ! ?

Post by mfreakz »

Do you think that you could increase accuracy and reduce latency in your code ?
Do you thing that you raise the best level of performance for this type of software running on small CPU like iPhone ?
I know that the "big difficulty" and the CPU killer is to separate frequency. The best sound for Pitch-tracking should be a simple monophonic wave. But even with simple monophonic sound the accuracy is low and the latency really audible. Even on big computers...
Do you think (developers !) this kind of musician dream is really doable ?
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pushing the limits ! ? ! ?

Post by Rim »

Extracting pitch from a human voice is not as easy as it sounds... We are constantly improving the algorithms, so you will definitely see improvements in the accuracy in future updates.

Thanks,
Rim
mfreakz

Re: Pushing the limits ! ? ! ?

Post by mfreakz »

I hope that you could do faster & better Pitch-tracking !
I would very interested in a VST or Mac application that could convert audio to midi and i'm not the only one !!!!
I hope that you could release something like that, it's really a good news !
There is some solution for guitarist, with specific hardware, that could translate pitch to midi. Those "standalone Guitarist's rack" couldn't do nothing with voice. They use a Roland or Yamaha trigger witch could be a kind of Piezo microphone, but no hack seems doable to grab a simple audio in thrue the unit...
I hope that with faster computer (like macintel and new PC) a good software solution could do that.
Thanx for you reply.
Regards,
MF