iPhone Original

An informational and support forum for Voice Band for the iPhone.

Moderator: Corey W

noone

iPhone Original

Post by noone »

For the first time ever, i was stupid enough to just buy an app without reading the info. The reason: i got to excited after reading about the app on Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5452684/voice-band-i ... ah-into---).

Now i can't use the program since my original earphones (with a mic) does not exist anymore. And that's just alright, since it's my bad not reading the info. However, i wonder why the Original iPhone need this eksternal mic, when to later versions dont?
Rim
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Original

Post by Rim »

Sorry to hear that! The reason is simple: The original iPhone's microphone has a miximum samplerate of 8Khz. Because of this, Voice Band can't use the microphone AND output 44.1Khz audio at the same time. If you plug in an external headset with a mic, it bypasses this 8Khz microphone and everything runs at 44.1Khz. This is only a limitation of the original iPhone. Newer iPhones have microphones that run at the full samplerate.

Rim
Beatz

Re: iPhone Original

Post by Beatz »

iphone app development
noone wrote:For the first time ever, i was stupid enough to just buy an app without reading the info. The reason: i got to excited after reading about the app on Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5452684/voice-band-i ... ah-into---).

Now i can't use the program since my original earphones (with a mic) does not exist anymore. And that's just alright, since it's my bad not reading the info. However, i wonder why the Original iPhone need this eksternal mic, when to later versions dont?
I have also learned this lesson the hard way. I've bought apps and then they were not very useful at all or weren't compatible. I guess we've gotta live and learn though huh?