Getting the sound out to a stereo

An informational and support forum for Voice Band for the iPhone.

Moderator: Corey W

Liamchew

Getting the sound out to a stereo

Post by Liamchew »

I'm assuming a splitter of some sort is needed to separate the mic and line signal, in the demonstration video it looks like a splitter is being used to split the signals but he still seems to be using the mic on the iphone. Please explain options available.

Thanks,
Liam
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Getting the sound out to a stereo

Post by Rim »

Liam,

Here's how I made the video: I used a simple 1/8" stereo to RCA adapter, like this:

http://www.speaker-central.com/s/10026/ ... dapter.jpg

But any 1/8" stereo to RCA cable can be used.

I fed that cable into an audio interface and recorded it along with the video.

When you plug the cable into the iPhone, you can still use the built-in mic.

NOTE: this only works on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. If you have an original (2G) iPhone or an iPod Touch, this setup won't work, and you'll need to use a headset (the kind with a built-in mic).

Thanks,
Rim
Vdrumpro

Re: Getting the sound out to a stereo

Post by Vdrumpro »

Anyone stuck (like me) with 1st gen iPhones can PM/email me.. I have in stock a mic/headset adapter that will get your sound to an amp. It has a larger mic than what you usually find in these, and outperforms the $30 option from griffin. $10 includes shipping. Works with touch quite well also.. man I miss my macally ivoice iii... I would be recommending that instead if 3.12 os upgrade hadn't cut it off 'not compatible with iphone' but gave me stereo line in for 2 years...

Mod if this isn't allowed, just delete...