Incompatible with Ipod Touch 8GIG model

An informational and support forum for Voice Band for the iPhone.

Moderator: Corey W

jimmiles

Incompatible with Ipod Touch 8GIG model

Post by jimmiles »

Would have been nice to know before I paid for Voiceband. Still love the concept, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out for PC.
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Incompatible with Ipod Touch 8GIG model

Post by Rim »

Actually, Voice Band should work fine with your model. What problems are you having exactly? Remember, you need a headset with a built-in mic (normally the ipod touch doesn't come with one).

Thanks,
Rim
jimmiles

Post by jimmiles »

Thanks for the reply.
I have the exact mic/headphone combo linked from this forum's recommendations and the main site's FAQ. It's made by Apple for my model Ipod Touch.
But when I plug it in, the Ipod just keeps saying it needs a mic/headphone to use the app. It says the same thing when I try to use other recording/mic apps, like Apple's own voice notepad app standard for Ipod Touch.
The curious thing is that of the three Touch versions, only the 8GIG does NOT ship new with a headset/mic combo; only a headset. If they enabled recording on the 8GIG as with the other two, why not send a mic along with it?

I would like to have confirmed that other 8GIG Touch users can record sound... Something Apple's own site cannot seem to do for me.
This is maddening! I bought both the app and the headset/mic just to be able to use the Voiceband software, and all was a waste, apparently!
:cry:
Thanks,
Jim
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

That's strange, because I have an 8 gig iPod touch model here for testing, and it works fine for play/record. Not sure what might be going on. I'm sure you checked, but are you sure your headphone has the mic? Apple makes one that looks very similar, but doesn't have a mic. The mic version has 4 pins on the connector instead of 3.

Thanks,
Rim
Birkit75

Post by Birkit75 »

Rim wrote:That's strange, because I have an 8 gig iPod touch model here for testing, and it works fine for play/record. Not sure what might be going on. I'm sure you checked, but are you sure your headphone has the mic? Apple makes one that looks very similar, but doesn't have a mic. The mic version has 4 pins on the connector instead of 3.

Thanks,
Rim

Maybe there is a mistake in the connection that is why it doesn't work well. Try to check the headphone jack also. The compatibility is sometimes a big issue for this.
Birkit75
headphones