IP Address is NULL on file transfer?

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Darius2301

IP Address is NULL on file transfer?

Post by Darius2301 »

Hey there -

Just got iGOG today and I really like it so far! One major problem though -> when I activate "file transfer" mode, the IP address is reported as (null). Therefore I can't get to my mixdown files.

This is on the iPhone 4. I am of course connected to my home WIFI (tested just to make sure).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Chris M
Expert

Re: IP Address is NULL on file transfer?

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Can you try to restart your phone (hold down the power button until the "power off" slider appears, then power off, and restart)? Then, make sure you have a wifi connection present (make sure it's not in airplane mode, and make sure your wifi router has a checkmark next to it in the wifi list). This should do the trick.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
mark3802

Post by mark3802 »

same problem here. and the lagging transition to 'file transfer' which a previous poster mentioned.
restarting the iphone doesn't work for me as it did for others... the phone's definitely connected to my wireless.
hmm, maybe ill try restarting my router.

any other suggestions if it's still not working for me?
Chicagopaul3

Post by Chicagopaul3 »

I'm on an iPad and just bought this and I'm having the same problem. I powered the iPad down and confirmed that the wifi connection is checked. The IP address is listed as null no matter how many times I repeat the process. Can you please tell me how to fix this or what a good workaround is to get the files out of the computer?
Chicagopaul3

Post by Chicagopaul3 »

I meant get the files out the iPad ...not the computer. I'm also experiencing the lag that other users mentioned. Thanks.
Chicagopaul3

Post by Chicagopaul3 »

is there a help desk or another way to contact customer service directly?
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Another way to retrieve the IP address is to go into Settings > WI-FI and after your network loads, click the arrow to the right of it. Your IP address will be listed and you can use this in your FTP Client. See if you can connect after getting the IP address this way.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs