Igog (and drugagog) outta no-where past 30 ms of latency!

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

andorascendor

Igog (and drugagog) outta no-where past 30 ms of latency!

Post by andorascendor »

Music is what I do for a living...aside from this and that I happen to be a drummer teacher and recently bought an iphone gs. I am computer literate...

To get to the point, after buying 10 drum apps and trying about a zillion, Igog is by far the best. I have the 32 Gig version of the iphone and
have much space/memory left...story goes, Igog is 100 percent fine...version 1.1 (or 1.2 I forget) comes out and things seem to be going well...until
a few days after. I have done every kind of reset, restore, erase...all that stuff has no affect.

Some clues: The other drum apps that I keep are meister and hmmm, the orange one- Sometimes a bass drum/sine wave is the best joke of the day...anyway, those applications always had id say 15 or more ms of latency and now they are unplayable as well...Igog was really the only one
that could be played to a click and be sharp enough to do the fun stuff.

Any suggestions? Igog and that little Blue Mic that turns the iphone into a "kinda" field recorder are worth the price of the phone imo.

Help....!

A
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Igog (and drugagog) outta no-where past 30 ms of latency!

Post by Rim »

There's something wrong if you're getting that kind of latency. Latency can happen in an app for only a couple of reasons: low memory or another process running in the background. iGOG is very processor and memory intensive, so any change to your system is going to affect things. I would suggest:

- Put the phone in airplane mode, then reboot. It's important to reboot, to ensure no other processes are running
- make sure you don't check your email, calendar, or surf the web before using iGOG. If you do these things, they will remain in memory even after closing them.

If all else fails, try deleting iGOG completely, then re-purchasing it (you won't get changed twice).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Rim