Extra Kits

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

megatop

Extra Kits

Post by megatop »

Hi, is there some way i can download the extra kits (not the free ones) straight to my iTunes on my iMac as i keep going over my allowed download limit on my iPhone and it's costing me heaps.
Thanks
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Extra Kits

Post by Rim »

Hi,

The only way to download the kits is through iGOG itself. This is a limitation of the way Apple designed the system. However, you can use a WiFi router (or go to a place where there's a wifi hotspot). This way, you don't use the cellular network.

Regards,
Rim
megatop

Post by megatop »

Thanks Rim.
:D
Custom Sound

Post by Custom Sound »

Hi there,

I'm already a happy user of drumagog! I'm thinking of purchasing iGog to use on stage with my iPad. I'm a singer but once in a while I'd like to play percussion (conga's, timbales). I am wondering: is there an additional kit for iGog containing that kind of samples or are you guys willing to make one? I can't find the content or examples of the kits anywhere (and I really looked...)

thanx in advance, keep up the good work!
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The additional free iGog samples that are included are only drum kits. However, iGog can read the same .gog files that Drumagog uses, so you could purchase one of our sample packs and load them into iGog. Percussion eXtras (http://drumagog.com/libraries/percussion-extras) includes many auxiliary percussion sounds, including congas, djembes, and timbales.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Custom Sound

Post by Custom Sound »

Hi Chris,

Thanx for your reply! I think this will be a great affordable solution for me. Got 2 questions though: Is it possible to create my own soundboard, meaning: can I assign any sample to any pad? And wil I be facing problems loading samples into my iPad 16 Gb, considering the size of them?

thanx again!

best regards,

Matt
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hi,

Yes, you can customize your own soundboard within iGog, using the 'Samples' tab at the bottom.

If you download Percussion eXtras, you'll be able to selectively transfer any .gog file, so managing space should not be an issue. Transferring .gog files is done via an FTP client program (we recommend FileZilla). Instructions for transferring files is under the 'File Transfer' tab in iGog.

Best,

Chris
Adelaida

Post by Adelaida »

Where can I download Percussion eXtras?
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Percussion eXtras can be downloaded from our online store.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs