2 iGOG questions

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

wineshop

2 iGOG questions

Post by wineshop »

Hi. I'm considering the iGOG app, but i have a couple of questions. I noticed there is only a pad for a single tom. How does that work? I know you're limited with space on the iPhone screen, but has anyone had issues with being limited to a single tom? Or is there a workaround that I don't know about?

Also - what I want to do with this is create patterns and export to MIDI. I'll then dump them into Sonar and use Addictive Drums. I know the mapping will likely not be the same. Any suggestions on how to painlessly re-map my created MIDI file to match AD?

Oh - and does the created MIDI file include note velocities?

Ok, that was actually 3 questions. Thanks a bunch!! Looks like a great app.
Kyle76

Re: 2 iGOG questions

Post by Kyle76 »

Regarding your first question, there are three different screen layouts available, with up to eight total pads. You can also map the pads differently, so you could include two or more toms on any layout if you are willing to give up another sample. I hope that a future update will allow more pad customization, including the ability to adjust pad size.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

That's right, and regarding the midi questions, you can customize iGOG to output any midi note and channel you want (for each pad). Also, it does output velocity information in the midi file.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rim
wineshop

Post by wineshop »

Sold!

Thanks. Bought it today. Nice app.

Couple of suggestions? Years ago I had an Alesis drum machine. When you recorded a sequence you would preset how many bars your sequence would have. Then, upon hitting record, the program started looping. So, for example, if you preset a 2 bar sequence and hit record, the metronome would start and after 2 bars it would loop. And it would keep doing this. You could add or delete hits as it looped. Once you were done you would save.

I notice on the iGOG app, there doesn't seem to be a true record loop. For example, if I hit record and add a kick for 2 bars then hit stop. I then hit record again, this time adding snare. But when the 2 bars ends iGOG keeps going to bar 3 (and on) until I hit stop. Can I preset how long I want my sequence to be, then hit record and have it loop? I truly hope all of that made sense!

The only other thing I'd like to see is a pattern arranger that would allow you to build an entire song out of your saved sequences. I know I can export them all and arrange them in my DAW, but it'd be cool to be able to do it within iGOG.

Not trying to sound too picky. I do dig the app and will get a lot of use out of it. Just thought you'd appreciate some suggestions. And these features may be there and I haven't found them yet. If so, my apologies for bringing them up. Great work.

Thanks!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Thanks, glad you like it. iGOG will continue to evolve as time goes on, so you may see some of these features in the future.

Thanks,
Rim