Problems with File Transfer

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

canucker

Problems with File Transfer

Post by canucker »

I'm having some challenges getting File Transfer to work. Other than the unusually long time it takes for the File Transfer screen to come up, when it does, the IP address says (null). I've tried several times with same results. I'm using a 3Gs (latest OS) with WiFi. I no issues with FTP transfers using other apps. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Mike
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Problems with File Transfer

Post by Rim »

Mike,

This issue can happen if there's no IP address being provided by the wifi connection. Can you please try to first restart your phone (hold down the power button until the "power off" slider appears, then power off, and restart)? Then, make sure you have a wifi connection present (make sure it's not in airplane mode, and make sure your wifi router has a checkmark next to it in the wifi list). If the problem persists, please let me know, as it might be some new bug I'm not seeing here.

Thanks,
Rim
canucker

Post by canucker »

Hey Rim... restarting the iPhone did the trick! It now works like a charm... and no more lag time when selecting the File Transfer tab either. Sweet... thank you... this is a great app!

Mike
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Glad to hear it.

Thanks,
Rim