Export WAVs of each drum track (Kick.WAV, Snare.WAV, etc.)

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

samcookmusic

Export WAVs of each drum track (Kick.WAV, Snare.WAV, etc.)

Post by samcookmusic »

Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible for you to release an update (or upgrade?) wherein which it is possible to export individual drum tracks as WAV files rather than a full mixdown. I LOVE iGOG and the sounds I can get with it... but for importing into a recording session it is almost useless with the MIDI function unless I can use the original sounds. Also, as you are fully aware, a mixdown of the drum tracks makes it impossible to mix each track in a DAW.

Since it would only be 6 tracks, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to do. Kick.WAV, Snare.WAV, HH.WAV, Crash.WAV, Tom.WAV, Ride.WAV.

Thanks for listening.

—Sam
Chris M
Expert

Re: Export WAVs of each drum track (Kick.WAV, Snare.WAV, etc

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

This is something we'll take into account for future updates--however, there is a way this can potentially be achieved, although it's a little tedious. Once you have a recording you like, go to the 'Sample' tab (click the 'i' in the top-right corner). Click on an individual pad will bring up that pad's settings, under which the volume can be set to zero. If you do a mix down for each pad, making sure that every other pad has it's volume set to zero, you would have a bounced track for each pad, containing only that pad's sample. Hope that helps for now!

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs