Cant get this to work at all.......

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Bigedrums

Cant get this to work at all.......

Post by Bigedrums »

Can anyone help?
I bought this yesterday, an was crazy hopeful, but I cant get any audio out of the application at all. I know my iphone audio is working with all other applications. But i can't get any audio to come out of igog period. Also, when I switch to VelAUcity, no lights on the pads what so ever, no triggereing. When it is turned off, I at least get orange to light up on the pads, but still no audio..

Someone please help me figure out what is going on.....
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cant get this to work at all.......

Post by Rim »

Sorry to hear about the trouble. First of all, is this an iPhone, or iPod Touch? Also, which generation is it? This will help us figure out what might be going on.

One thing that comes to mind, is that you might be running low on free space in your phone. Try this:

1. Reboot the device (hold down the power button for a few seconds, slide the slider to turn the phone off, then push the power button to turn on again).
2. Deleting some music, or other apps, so you have at least 140MB free space.
3. Then, delete iGOG, and re-purchase it (you won't be changed twice).

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc,
beej

Post by beej »

I'm having exactly the same problem - no sound at all.
Using iPhone 2G, with latest v3 firmware.

Have rebooted, reinstalled twice and still nothing.

Tried downloading Rock Kit 2, but still no sound.

After second reinstall the VelAUcity seemed to be working, but without any sound output.

Using Mic Trigger Mode all I can hear is a direct feed from the iPhone onboard mic.

Metronome doesn't do anything either.

Got plenty of free space on phone too.

Any ideas?
cinohp

Post by cinohp »

beej wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem - no sound at all.
Using iPhone 2G, with latest v3 firmware.

Have rebooted, reinstalled twice and still nothing.

Tried downloading Rock Kit 2, but still no sound.

After second reinstall the VelAUcity seemed to be working, but without any sound output.

Using Mic Trigger Mode all I can hear is a direct feed from the iPhone onboard mic.

Metronome doesn't do anything either.

Got plenty of free space on phone too.
I have exactly the same probs. No Sound! iPhone 2G Firmware 3.1.2.
tomseago

Post by tomseago »

Same issue here. When I start or exit the app I hear a brief bit of static as if it is trying to play sound, but it's somehow messed up, wrong sample rate, or something like that. No sound at all when playing on the pads.

iPhone 2G, Version 3.1.2 (7D11)
Model MA712LL

It would be super awesome if you guys could get it working on the 2G and then post an update to the App Store. Otherwise I may need to ask for my money back :(
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Thanks for the info, everyone. I will get to work trying to figure out what the problem is. We did test with a 2G device, but maybe it's a 2G issue with the latest firmware. I'll report back as soon as I know what's going on. Thanks for the patience. We will solve this.
Rim
Anjinsan

Post by Anjinsan »

Same problem here. When iGOG is launched there is a click before the pads start to load but after that the pads doesn't react at all when tapped (no light or sound).

Iphone 2G sw version 3.0.1 (7A400)
Model MA712LL

edit: added additional sw info.
eshefer

Post by eshefer »

[ UPDATE : solved ]

I'm experiencing similar problems on my 3g iphone.

the bahaviour of the software is quite eratic. It starts to load samples ( "Finishing Install"), in some cases it loads, then gets stuck for a few seconds and crashes. in other cases it manages to respond to taps after the samples load, but with timing glitches which render the software useless and then, after very little time (less then a minute), it crashes.

I managed to get it working using the mic trigger mode, and got better results then the drum taps, but after a short while that crashed too.

switching the iphone off and restarting didn't help much. I also deleted some of the apps I don't use from the phone. that didn't help either.

the iphone I'm using is not jail broken or hacked in any way, so that's not it. I do have hebrew localization enabled on it, who knows?

currently the iphone has 4.9G flash memory avaliable, I don't know what the RAM situation on the machine is .

version 3.1 (7c144)
model MB496CZ.
Last edited by eshefer on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

The probelms we've identified so far are RAM or disk space related. It's possible that something in your iPhone is taking more RAM than a standard iPhone, but I'm thinking maybe it's a corrupted download. Try this: delete the app (hold down your finger on the app icon for 5 seconds, then press the "X" when it appears), restarting the phone, then re-purchase it. You won't be charged twice when you re-purchase the app. After it installs, iGOG uncompresses the samples (this is when it says "finishing install"). This takes a long time (somtimes up to 5 minutes). The progress bar will sometimes stop for a while, then go again, so give it some time.

Another thing to try is turn on airplane mode durring the install, to make sure RAM is being conserved.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,
Rim
eshefer

Post by eshefer »

this definitely helped. much better.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I can confirm now, that the problem happens if you interrupt iGOG during the "finishing install" stage. Please make sure to let this process finish to avoid this problem.

If anyone else has trouble with iGOG crashing, please follow these steps:

1. Delete iGOG (hold down your finger on the app icon for 5 seconds, then press the "X" when it appears).
2. Re-purchase iGOG (you won't be charged twice)
3. Launch iGOG
4. Do not interrupt the "finishing install" process. It takes a few minutes, and may stop and start, but it will finish.

Thanks,
Rim
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

We've identified a couple of issues:

1. The current version of iGOG will only work with 3G and 3GS devices. If you have a 2G iPhone or ipod Touch, please do not purchase until we release the next update.

2. When launching iGOG for the first time, it needs to finish installing the samples. Do not interrupt this process, as this can cause problems. It will say "Finishing Install" for a few minutes. Please let it finish completely to avoid any problems.

If you have any problems with iGOG crashing, just follow these steps:

1. Delete iGOG (hold down your finger on the app icon for 5 seconds, then press the "X" when it appears).
2. Re-purchase iGOG (you won't be charged twice)
3. Launch iGOG
4. Do not interrupt the "finishing install" process. It takes a few minutes, and may stop and start, but it will finish.

I'll be fixing both of these issues in the next update, which I'm submitting to Apple next week. More info on our forums.

Thanks,
Rim
cinohp

Post by cinohp »

Thanks for your efforts. Let's hope for a quickly Update.
MtnXfreeride

Post by MtnXfreeride »

I knew when buying it wouldnt work for my iphone 2G, but just posting to say I have the no audio problem as they described above, and I am running:
Iphone 2G sw version 3.0.1

Cant wait for the update!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Thanks, I appreciate it. It seems to be an intermmitent problem.

Regards,
Rim