New feature request : create MIDI file to transfer

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pmmasteringstudio

New feature request : create MIDI file to transfer

Post by pmmasteringstudio »

The iGOG apps looks really great. but one thing is still holding me from buying it.
It has no MIDI file output. It would be great to be able te tap in a great drum rithme in the train on your way to work and return back with a midi file witch you can download to your computer and edit it in you DAW to send it back to DrumAgog.

I don't know if this is possible on the iPhone but would be great to add this feature.

my 2 cents

Philippe
www.pm-mastering-studio.com
Rim
Site Admin

Re: New feature request : create MIDI file to transfer

Post by Rim »

iGOG does have this feature. It supports full MIDI recording and export. It even reads tempo and meter maps. After you're done recording the MIDI sequence, you can export it to your computer.

Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, inc.
pmmasteringstudio

Post by pmmasteringstudio »

great. I'll buy it !!

maybe marketing tip = put this feature more in front in advertisment :)
hopikiva

Post by hopikiva »

file transfers from the iphone [3gs here] are a 'sore point' with me.
It seems terrible that there is no sort of 'my doc's' folder or other type of a common ground folder where files made and saved by various ap's can become accessible to other ap's. Fore example, I have the ap FTPtoGo and can send a few things like pictures up to my FTP site so they can then be dl'd to any computer via a browser FTP client. But let's stick with iGOG for the moment... file transfer is very important in my mind... let's say I make a midi or wav or mp3 file with iGOG... I would then want to be able to not just have to transfer it to my computer via wifi but be able to sent it wherever..[my friends' computer let's say] via at least email but better still via an internet file storage site.

I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. So, I'm wondering what you think about adding some of these methods?
I have no idea what the ap SDK limits you to implementing... I have heard it is restrictive.
I think my ideal wish would be to make it possible for me to send a file made in iGOG via the FTPtoGo ap on the iPhone.

I have in the distant past spoken with the author of Drumagog and know he and "you" are make great software. Thanks for what you do!
:)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

He and I are the same person ;) I wrote Drumagog, too...

Yes, I agree, I wish Apple had a better system for transferring files (and between apps, too). Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait for them to implement something like that. In the mean time, the best solution currently is some sort of FTP. Transferring the files via a web-based file store is a great idea, but it wouldn't be practical here, because the files are so huge. Also, Apple/AT&T have restrictions on the size of files allowed across their network...

Rim