Question Regarding Playback Timing

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bharris

Question Regarding Playback Timing

Post by bharris »

Hi Everyone,

I just downloaded iGog yesterday, and began playing with it today. The first thing I noticed was that when I try to record my playing in the Sequencer view, when I play back what I recorded it seems like the timing of the sequence is off. In other words, let's say I play an "Animal" type drum solo - when I play this back it doesn't sound like what I recorded. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a quantize setting that I have misplaced?

In addition, is there any way to access the .wav files created when pressing the "mixdown" key? Is it possible to e-mail these to myself from the iPod (I have a 3G Touch), or do I absolutely need to connect to a computer to get them off the iPod?

Thanks!
Jack
Expert

Re: Question Regarding Playback Timing

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Yes, there is a quantizing option in the Sequencing section that you likely have turned on. Turning this off will most likely fix the issue. Make sure the Resolution Slider is set to OFF.

The mixdown button saves an audio file to the app. You need to use the File Transfer section that is an FTP section where you can save your file to your computer to use it later.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com