transfer midi files to pc via wifi adapter

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

achillwalsh1

transfer midi files to pc via wifi adapter

Post by achillwalsh1 »

hi all - ive been into pc based home recording for about 5 years and im thinking of getting the iphone 3gs and although the iphone dose alot of cool stuff - igog is one of the main reasons im thinking about getting the iphone.... However....... i will want to be able to transfer midi file to my pc to use in BFD 2

so this is the situation - i dont have an internet service wired into my home so i will be using the iphone as a modem to get the internet over the local mobile network and connecting the iphone to my pc via a usb cable to get my pc online - so correct me if im wrong but as i understand it i will need to buy a wifi usb adapter to plug into my pc and then set up a wifi connection between my iphone and the wifi usb adapter so they recognise ONLY each other - and then i will be able to send midi files made on igog to my pc and open up the midi file in bdf 2 drums , correct?

also my pc is a pc - not an apple mac - so will i be able to use the igog midi files on my pc in bdf 2 drums
Rim
Site Admin

Re: transfer midi files to pc via wifi adapter

Post by Rim »

Yes, that's correct. In order to move the midi files from iGOG into your PC (or Mac), you need to first establish a wifi connection between your computer and the phone. Then, you install an FTP program on your computer, and connect to the phone (while iGOG is running and the tab switched to "File Transfer".

Rim