indivudal gog volumes

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

maskedman72
Expert

indivudal gog volumes

Post by maskedman72 »

how do i adjust each samples vol within a gog file. so if i have 10 snare hits in a file and some of them are quieter than others how do adjust their individual levels?

also-what is the max amount of "hits" or "samples"that i can have in 1 gog file?

thanks -jay
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

anyone?
germund

Post by germund »

Do the sample files you add to a gog-file in Drumagog contain multiple hits??

If so, you'll first need to slice up your sample into individual hits and save these as a number of new sample files. This can be done with for example Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net). Also check the amplitudes of each hit to see roughly how many velocity layers you'd get. For instance, 6 hits roughly around -20dB, 6 more around -17dB, ... , up to the hardest hits (depending on the min/max amplitudes of the hits in your multi-hit sample). Remove any clicks or unwanted noise.

You'll then add the individual sample files into Drumagog. Drumagog automatically measures the peak amplitude of each sample, and sets the triggering level accordingly. Set the dB separation gear so that you get as many dynamic groups you'd prefer (compare to the number of velocity layers you would have expected when slicing the original multi-hit sample). If random multi samples is turned on, Drumagog will now randomly choose samples within each dynamic group for a given dB range which lies between the next-weaker and next-stronger group of samples.

You can also set the triggering level manually for each sample, turn on/off random multisamples, etc. Note that these settings are all relative to the individual samples in the GOG you're creating. When inserting Drumagog into a track, DG will try to match its output volume the amplitude of the audio material entering Drumagog. To amplify or attenuate the volume leaving Drumagog, adjust the output knob on the main page.