Live triggering with 5 basic.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

heygermandude

Live triggering with 5 basic.

Post by heygermandude »

Hello,
First off, thanks for your time! Secondly, if I am wanting to track drums with the triggers i select within drumagog 5, would there be a latency for the drummer playing? Or is that only with basic. Next, if I were able to track without a latency so that my drummer can hear samples while playing to better help "play in the pocket" so to speak, would that affect how the file is recorded and not be able to use advanced triggering later? Or would there still be a "dry" unaltered version recorded, just a "wet" signal heard?

I see that live triggering comes with pro as opposed to basic, so i know i will most likely have to upgrade.. but what do you think about the original question?

thanks!
Chris M
Expert

Re: Live triggering with 5 basic.

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Live mode induces 3-4 ms of latency, which may not be substantial enough to cause a problem. The recorded track will not contain any of Drumagog's sounds, and rather will just be whatever audio is picked up by the microphone corresponding to that track. The signal the drummer hears will be dictated by the blend slider in the Drumagog window.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs